Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 23 24
Imperial capitals and their captivating history are the highlights on this exciting Prague, Vienna and Budapest trip. You'll also join a local Hungarian family in their winery for a hearty meal and be spellbound by the stunning views of Charles Bridge and Prague's Old Town.
- VIP Admission to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna
- Explore Prague, Vienna and Budapest with a Local Specialist
- Visit St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Town Square of Prague, the old Hungarian capital of Esztergom, the UNESCO-listed Castle District and Fisherman's Bastion in Budapest
- View the Castle and Old Town of Bratislava, the Hofburg Palace and Imperial Boulevards of Vienna and the Parliament Building in Budapest
- See St. Stephen's Cathedral and the Opera House in Vienna
- Connect With Locals Join the Schieszl family for a hearty Hungarian Be My Guest dinner and the story of their winery.
- Dive into Culture Enjoy a visit to the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the largest art museum in Austria, to view the Royal Collection before the general public has access.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 9 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (540) 639-9388 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627639
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Prague||Welcome to Prague: The gleaming spires of Prague shine brightly on this sojourn through the imperial capitals of Prague, Vienna and Budapest. Admire the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque facades, before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for an unforgettable Welcome Reception to kick off your holiday.|
Vienna House Andels
|Day 2||Discover Historic Prague||Discover Historic Prague: Delve into centuries of history, joining your Local Specialist for a guided walk past the city's iconic sights. Visit the final resting place of Bohemian kings, St. Vitus Cathedral, set within the precincts of Prague Castle. Then, admire the Astronomical Clock in the Old Town Square, with its hourly Walk of the Apostles. See the 14th-century Charles Bridge, lined with the Baroque statues of saints, before spending the afternoon admiring the spectacular cityscape on your own.|
|Day 3||Prague Your Way||Prague Your Way: Today is yours to explore the legends, castles and palaces of Prague. Follow the 'Royal Route' and discover historic treasures, admire picturesque views of the city from Petrin Hill, or join an Optional Experience to the historical German city of Dresden. Spend your evening at leisure, enjoying some of the local beer for which the country is famous.|
|Day 4||Slovak Bratislava and on to Vienna||Journey to Slovak Bratislava and on to Vienna: Travel south from Prague through lush Moravian landscapes to Bratislava, passing its quaint Old Town, before continuing your journey to Vienna - our home for the next three nights. Admire the city's musical talents and consider attending a Viennese concert.|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 5||Vienna||Explore Vibrant Vienna: The heritage of one of Europe's most influential royal families is explored this morning as we Dive Into Culture during a Small Group Sightseeing guided visit to the spectacular Kunstkammer. Admire the valuable objects collected by the emperors and archdukes of Habsburg over the centuries before the doors are open to the general public. Later, we join an included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist to view the Hofburg Palace, the official residence of the President of Austria and former home of the Habsburg Dynasty. We'll see such sights as the Parliament Building, the magnificent Opera House and St. Stephen's Cathedral with its geometrically tiled roof. Spend the afternoon on your own, indulging in the city's Kaffee culture with a slice or two of Sachertorte.|
|Day 6||Vienna Your Way||Vienna Your Way: Today is yours to explore the 'City of Music' on your terms. Tread in the footsteps of the great sons of Vienna - Mozart, Haydn and Strauss, as you delve into the city's rich musical heritage nurtured by aristocrats throughout the centuries. Consider a visit to the beautiful Baroque Schonbrunn Palace to see the former imperial summer residence.|
|Day 7||Budapest||Onwards to Budapest: Journey along the Danube Bend, a narrow twisting valley in the pretty Carpathian Basin, stopping in Esztergom to view its Castle Hill, domed Cathedral, and St. Thomas Hill. We follow the scenic landscape to the romantic city of Budapest where we will spend the next three nights. Enjoy a free evening sipping Hungarian wines or consider cruising along the Danube.|
Courtyard by Marriott City Center
|Day 8||See the Sights of Budapest||See the Sights of Budapest: Join a Local Specialist this morning for a walking tour through the lanes of Buda's Castle District. Visit the Fisherman's Bastion, view the Matthias Church and drive to Pest to see the Great Synagogue, the largest in Europe. We pay tribute to the seven chieftains of the Magyars in Heroes' Square before enjoying time at leisure in the Jewish Quarter or shop for Hungarian embroidery and fine porcelain. Tonight's Be My Guest experience will see us Connect With Locals over dinner with the Schieszl family and hear the story of their winery.|
|Day 9||Budapest||Budapest Your Way: Venture up Gellert Hill for spectacular views of the Budapest skyline, relax in the Szechenyi Baths or consider an Optional Experience to Szentendre, a riverside village popular with artists and craftworkers. On our last evening together, we toast to a magnificent journey to the imperial capitals of Europe and enjoy a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.|
|Day 10||Budapest||Farewell Budapest: We say a fond farewell to our companions and Travel Director today after an unforgettable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Festive Meals: The 22 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Vienna, the 27 December 2023 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Vienna. We have arranged festive meals for these departures that may replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class