Glories of Greece & Three Continents Cruise - Standard, Small Group, Winter 2021-2022
Brochure Type: Europe Summer 2021 V2
Discover the treasures of some of the world's most ancient civilisations in the Mediterranean as you explore history through archaeology, religion and culture on a 7-day, multi-continent cruise.
- Olympia: Join a local chef and savour the regional specialties in a fun, exciting introduction to Greek cooking.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 11 Dinner with Wine (DW), 6 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Mycenae: Discover traditional pottery methods at an artist's studio in Mycenae.
- Athens: See the Arch of Hadrian, erected in honour of the Roman Emperor and used as a divider between the ancient city and the new Roman district, along with the remaining columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Kalambaka : Your Travel Director will provide an orientation of this town situated at the base of the extraordinary Meteora rocks.
- Meteora: With a Local Expert, visit one of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Expert, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Olympia: The stadium of Olympia hosted the ancient Olympic Games and the Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Expert.
- Nafplio: Join your Travel Director in an orientation of this beautiful seaport town and see why it is named one of Greece's prettiest spots.
- Corinth Channel: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
- Cairo: Admire the remaining Wonders of the Ancient World as you explore through the Pyramids of Giza and the mighty Sphinx. Hear about Egyptian history as you walk through the National Archaeological Museum and learn the art of making papyrus paper out of reeds when you visit a Papyrus Institute.
- Rhodes : See the classical Acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights in Rhodes.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world's finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- In Athens, your knowledgeable local Insight host will ensure your time in this city is seamless
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom
- Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- 7 nights aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants
- You will enjoy the services of a Cruise Director, while on board, and all port taxes and crew gratuities are included
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily onboard your ship and we provide a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages
- Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port
- Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations
Call (540) 639-9388 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546021
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens: An Insight host will meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel, where there is time to settle in and relax.At 19:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception, and get to know your fellow travellers over a delightful evening of dinner and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Athens||Athens, City of Gods: Today your mythical Grecian discovery encapsulates the intriguing history of ancient Greece. Begin with an exploration revealing the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Arch of Hadrian. Next, your Local Expert takes you to the Acropolis, one of the most important ancient sites in the Western world. Crowning the top is the Parthenon, visible from almost everywhere in the city. See the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion. Continue to Thermopylae, famous as the mountain pass where King Leonidas led his Spartan army, along with fellow Greek soldiers, into battle against the Persians in 480 B.C.See the memorial dedicated to Leonidas and his courageous Spartans.Then on to your hotel in Kalambaka for dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Kalambaka||The pinnacles of Meteora: With your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora, meaning 'in the air.' The massive pinnacles of smooth rock are ancient, yet could also be the setting for a futuristic science-fiction tale. Visit one of the monasteries, that adds to the strange and beautiful landscape and enjoy stunning views over the Peneios Valley.The rest of the day is at your leisure. Why not explore with a relaxed walk on the nature trails? Alternatively, you may wish to visit the Natural History Museum. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Olympia||The Sacred Way and onto Olympia: Travel south, stopping at the foothills of Mount Parnassus.Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi with your Local Expert. Pass the Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians and Polygonal Wall with its interlocking stones still perfectly intact after thousands of years. You'll approach the Temple of Apollo, where for 14 centuries the mysterious Oracle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic 'words,' rumoured to have successfully predicted events related to the Argonauts expedition and the Trojan War.Your travels continue to Olympia where dinner is served in your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 5||Olympia||Ancient Olympia: It's all in the name. Ancient Olympia is the site where the Ancient Olympic Games began in 776 B.C. in dedication to the god Zeus.See the ruined Temple of Zeus that was built to honour the chief of the gods. Continue your exploration through time to the athletes gymnasium and the Ancient Stadium of Olympia with the characteristic arch. The starting and finishing markers for the sprint track are still marked by stones and there is time to capture your own memory with a photo at the starting line. In the evening, join a local chef for an entertaining cooking demonstration showcasing classic Greek cuisine. Experience the authentic Greek flavours as you savour dishes prepared for your Highlight Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Mycenae and Nafplio||Mycenae and Nafplio: Visit the ruined city of Mycenae with a Local Expert. Walk through the Lion Gate, visit the royal beehive-tombs and see the giant Cyclopean stones used to build the city walls.Later, meet the artisans and view beautiful works of art at a family-run pottery studio.Travel to the elegant town of Nafplio, known for its beautiful architecture, colourful shops and cafes.Your journey continues following the shores of the Saronic Gulf to pass the Corinth Canal dividing the Peloponnesse and mainland Greece, and arriving in Athens.In the evening, enjoy a hearty dinner in true Greek style, complete with wine and good cheer. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Getting ready to sail||Getting ready to sail: This afternoon, board your home for the majority of the trip, MV Celestyal Crystal. Settle into your stateroom cabin as tonight you set sail for Egypt. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Sailing to Egypt||Sailing to Egypt: Today you continue cruising the Mediterranean as you make your way to Egypt. Make the most of your time relaxing on-board in the cruises spa and lounges. While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served onboard daily. Vegetarian options are available for those who require them. Your cruise includes a selection of alcoholic beverages and non alcoholic hot and cold beverages are included. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Alexandria and Port Said||Alexandria and Port Said: Today you'll arrive in Alexandria where you have the choice to unwind or venture out and explore Cairo on an included full day experience. Marvel at the remains of the ancient world when you visit the ancient Pyramids of Giza, the mighty Sphinx and National Archaeological Museum. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Ashdod||Discovering Ashdod: This morning disembark in Ashdod the gateway of Israel You may choose to explore Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus, and vibrant Jerusalem. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Adventures on Cyprus||Adventures on Cyprus: Enjoy a relaxed morning ahd make the most of your vessel's facilities, before disembarking in Limassol. Perhaps explore Paphos, or spend the afternoon walking on Limassol's promenade. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 12||Myth and Legend of Rhodes||Myth and Legend of Rhodes: Upon arrival at Rhodes, chosen by the Crusaders as their fortified headquarters, the day is yours to explore at your own pace. Take part in the included guided experience and walk the streets of the old town surrounded by medieval walls and explore the ancient buildings. In the evening, your cruise continues to Kusadasi. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 13||Kusadasi||On to Kusadasi: Arrive in Kusadasi and embark on a half-day tour of Ephesus. This ancient Greek city and UNESCO World Heritage site was founded by the Carian and Lelegs in the 10th century BC and is a must-see during your time here. End the day with a delicious meal onboard your ship. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Athens||Disembark in Athens: You'll end your trip in Athens where you'll enjoy a final night in your beautiful hotel. (Breakfast)|
|Day 15||Athens||Depart Athens: Bid farewell to Athens. Your journey ends with a transfer to the airport. (Breakfast)|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class