Christmas Markets of Austria & Bavaria (Winter 2020-2021)
Brochure Type: 2020 2021 Europe Winter
Journey through the Bavarian Alps with their snow-capped mountains, musical Salzburg, the magical castle in Neuschwanstein, and on to heart-warming Munich.
- Vienna: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and sample a delightful Viennese winter dessert, complimented perfectly with a traditional fragrant glass of Gluhwein.
- Hall in Tirol: Situated perfectly in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, enjoy a medieval banquet of Austrian specialities with wine.
- Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Christmas Markets: Be dazzled by the magic of Christmas with local handicrafts and festive treats.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Vienna: The sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace will exhilarate your senses. Your Local Expert will bring to life the story of the Habsburgs during your tour of the royal grounds.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home on the Getreidegasse and the 500-year-old market in front of the cathedral.
- Innsbruck: During your orientation you will see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful journey through Tyrol's picturesque countryside on your horse-drawn Fiaker.
- Oberammergau: Visit the home of the Passion Play, to see the immense theatre and the colourfully painted chalets.
- Neuschwanstein: With a Local Expert, visit King Ludwig II's fairy-tale castle, built high in the Bavarian Alps and rumoured to be the inspiration of Walt Disney's castles.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (540) 639-9388 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14887444
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna.: At Vienna airport, transfers for your hotel leave at 10:00, 13:00 and 15:00. Meet your Travel Director at 18:00 and travel to a local restaurant for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy the opportunity to mingle with fellow guests over a delightful meal and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Vienna||The Habsburgs of Vienna.: At this time of year, the Austrian capital is a place of nostalgia and romance, with concerts, nativity displays and many official Advent Markets selling a vast array of seasonal gifts and mouth-watering treats. Join your Local Expert for a private tour of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace. Then get your camera ready for a circuit of the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard is built along the lines of the old city walls and showcases many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House and Hofburg Imperial Residence. You also see the City Hall and its surrounding parklands, festively decorated in a sea of lights - the perfect setting for the Viennese Christmas Market. Here your Travel Director will introduce you to a market stallholder to enjoy sampling a Viennese winter dessert, complemented perfectly with a traditional fragrant glass of Gluhwein. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Salzburg||Free time in Salzburg.: Journey through the rich farmlands of eastern Austria towards the lakes and mountains of the Salzkammergut and the enchanting city of Salzburg. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Arcotel Castellani, Salzburg.
|Day 4||Salzburg||The City of Mozart.: Come December, the spires and domes of Salzburg's old town are often draped in snow. Walk with your Local Expert to see Mozart's family home on the Getreidegasse, beautifully decorated at this time of year. Then head on to the rosy hues of the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. Culinary delicacies, candied fruits, hot mulled wine and the lovingly decorated stalls invite visitors to stop and browse. (Breakfast)|
Arcotel Castellani, Salzburg.
|Day 5||Innsbruck||A scenic drive to Innsbruck.: A lovely drive brings you to the Inn Valley and the mountain-ringed Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck. Explore Innsbruck with Insight Choice, perhaps join a horse & carriage ride or visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal. In the evening, drive to the charming town of Hall in Tirol, which boasts Austria's best preserved ensemble of historic buildings. Soak up the friendly Yuletide atmosphere at Hall's traditional Christmas market, before enjoying a highlight banquet with wine in a 700-year-old building. After delighting your palate with Austrian specialities and wine, it's a merry drive back to Innsbruck. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
AC Hotel by Marriott, Innsbruck
|Day 6||Munich||Oberammergau and Neuschwanstein.: Travel into the beautiful scenery of the German Alps to visit Oberammergau, home of the Passion Play since 1634. See the immense theatre and admire the colourful painted chalets, then continue to the fairy-tale castle of Neuschwanstein, perched on a spectacular Alpine mountainside. With a Local Expert, visit the exuberantly decorated apartments, including the Throne Room, before driving on to the Bavarian capital of Munich. Please note: Neuschwanstein Castle visits require a good level of mobility due to the number of stairs in the building and uphill, on-foot access to the castle during winter. Those who do not wish to ascend to the castle can enjoy a coffee and cake, while admiring the beautiful castle vista. (Breakfast)|
Munich Marriott Hotel.
|Day 7||Munich||Munich.: Enjoy an orientation of the city which concludes in Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich's traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Munich Marriott Hotel.
|Day 8||Munich||Auf Wiedersehen Munich!: Your departure transfer arrives at Munich Airport at 07:00 and 09:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (08 Dec) This departure will stay at a hotel of similar standard in Innsbruck. All departures visit Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall & Munich Christmas Markets.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class