GLOBUS 2020: Wonders of the Maritimes & Scenic Cape Breton with Ocean Train to Montreal (CHE)
12 days from Halifax to Montreal
Call (540) 639-9388 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885213
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Halifax||Welcome to Halifax! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Halifax||This morning, visit Peggy's Cove, one of Canada's most charming fishing villages. Enjoy a [LF] traditional NOVA SCOTIAN BREAKFAST, where you can choose local specialties, like fish cakes. Have your camera ready for spectacular shots of this famous lighthouse and picturesque setting. We then venture to Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During your free time here, explore the quaint Main Street, shop for souvenirs, or spend time at the Fisheries Museum to learn more about this major fishing port. The rest of the day is at leisure. Maybe visit the Maritimes Museum, which explains the area's seafaring past, or perhaps tour Alexander Keith's Brewery, which has been making the home-grown favorite since the early 1880s. (B)|
|Day 3||Moncton||This morning, enjoy an orientation of Halifax, including the public gardens and harbor area. Before arriving in New Brunswick, we'll stop at SUGAR MOON FARM to enjoy a Maritime [LF] SUGAR CAMP LUNCH, along with a guided tour and traditional sugar camp treat. We spend the evening in Moncton, originally founded by a group of Acadians and then Pennsylvania Dutch immigrants from Philadelphia. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for the best way to spend your evening. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Charlottetown||This morning, travel to HOPEWELL ROCKS and learn about the highest and wildest tides in the world, which rise and fall up to 52 feet. Time and tide have carved from the cliffs and coves distinctive sandstone formations topped with trees. Learn more about the region's nature and wildlife with a visit to CAPE JOURIMAIN NATURE CENTRE. Then, drive across 8-mile-long Confederation Bridge, the longest of its kind, and cross onto Prince Edward Island. Tonight, enjoy a [LF] LOBSTER SUPPER at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Charlottetown||A guided tour of the island includes a drive to the fishing port of North Rustico Harbour to see the sand dunes and lovely beaches of PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NATIONAL PARK, along with a visit to GREEN GABLES farmhouse. Later, enjoy lunch at PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND PRESERVE COMPANY, and be treated to a traditional [LF] CEILIDH-a folk music party. You are sure to be entertained and to get your toes tapping! The rest of the day is at leisure to explore on your own, do some shopping, or relax in one of Charlottetown's fine restaurants. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Baddeck||This morning, board a FERRY that whisks you across the Northumberland Strait to Pictou, known as the 'Birthplace of New Scotland.' It was here that the first boatload of Scottish Highlanders landed in Nova Scotia in 1773. Then, visit the ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MUSEUM, where exhibits trace the achievements of the great inventor who spent his last years on Cape Breton. Spend two nights in Baddeck. (B)|
|Day 7||Baddeck||This morning, travel along the CABOT TRAIL, considered one of the most scenic drives in the world. Proceed along the coast, savoring magnificent vistas of the rocky shoreline and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Enter CAPE BRETON HIGHLANDS NATIONAL PARK, a landscape that strikingly resembles Scottish coastal regions. Tonight, perhaps join in a local Ceilidh in Baddeck. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Halifax||Cross over the Canso Causeway and continue across Nova Scotia to Halifax. Upon returning to Halifax, visit the CITADEL with its early 19th-century, star-shaped fort. Tonight, join your Tour Director and new friends at a festive farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 9||VIA RAIL, OCEAN TRAIN TO MONTREAL||This afternoon, board VIA Rail's Ocean train. Travel while sleeping in comfort and awaken in a different region of Canada! Ride across New Brunswick to Quebec's largest city, Montreal. Accommodation on the train is in a private Sleeper Plus car. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Montreal||Morning arrival and transfer to your hotel for the next two nights. During your stay, enjoy a hop-on/hop-off TROLLEY TOUR of the city. With your leisure time, you may want to discover the excellent restaurants, lively nightspots, and charming boutiques and galleries. Visit Notre Dame Basilica, stroll the historic streets of Old Montreal, or try your luck at the Casino de Montreal. (B daily)|
|Day 11||Montreal||Morning arrival and transfer to your hotel for the next two nights. During your stay, enjoy a hop-on/hop-off TROLLEY TOUR of the city. With your leisure time, you may want to discover the excellent restaurants, lively nightspots, and charming boutiques and galleries. Visit Notre Dame Basilica, stroll the historic streets of Old Montreal, or try your luck at the Casino de Montreal. (B daily)|
|Day 12||Montreal||The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $925 to $945Triple Room Reduction per person: $150 to $155Extra Nights per person in Halifax:in single room $180; in twin room $107; in triple room $85Extra Nights per person in Montreal:in single room $181; in twin room $96; in triple room $74
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).